AST2 has a nationwide Seaport-enhanced Indefinite Deliver/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract with the Navy as a HUB Zone contractor.
Contract No. N00178-11-D-6444-P00005
- Parsons Infrastructure and Technology (www.parsons.com): Capabilities in all 22 functional areas
- SAIC(www.saic.com): Capabilities in all 22 functional areas
- ms consultants (www.msconsultants.com): Capabilities in functional areas 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22
- M7 Technologies(www.m7tek.com): Capabilities in functional areas 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, 15, 20
- Project Time and Cost (www.ptcinc.com): Capabilities in functional areas 5,10 and 20
Background: In 2002, the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) promulgated Seapower 21. Seapower 21 provides a framework to align, organize and integrate the U.S. Navy to meet the wide variety of challenges that lie ahead. The CNO called upon the entire Navy to find ways to become more efficient and effective. To meet Seapower 21 objectives and to increase efficiency, the NAVSEA Warfare Centers established the Seaport Enhanced (Seaport-e) Multiple Award Contract (MAC) vehicle, using a web-based, e-business procurement Portal, to facilitate performance-based service acquisition, leverage buying power, improve business intelligence and reduce cycle time. In October 2004, the Virtual SYSCOM Commanders formalized an agreement to expand the ordering community of Seaport-e to include all Virtual SYSCOM activities and to leverage the success of SeaPort-e in achieving the aforementioned objectives across the Virtual SYSCOM. Additionally, other activities, including the Military Sealift Command, Strategic Systems Programs, Office of Naval Research, and the United States Marine Corps have chosen to use SeaPort Enhanced.
Scope of Contract: The Contractor shall, in response to task orders issued under this contract by the Naval Sea Systems Command, Naval Air Systems Command, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, Naval Supply Systems Command, Military Sealift Command, Naval Facilities Command, Strategic Systems Programs, Office of Naval Research, and the United States Marine Corps, provide services that potentially span the entire spectrum of mission areas supported by the activities and technical capabilities that comprise the various ordering offices, as well as provide professional support services to the overall Navy, and Marine Corps organizations. Services within the functional areas identified below, may be performed under this contract for new product areas, programs, or missions, which are assigned to these activities during the life of the contract. Additionally, activities may provide limited support under this contract to other Department of Defense (DoD), non-DoD, or Joint agencies for work that is integrally related to product areas and mission.
Services to be provided under this contract are categorized into 22 functional services areas as follows:
- Research and Development Support
- Engineering, System Engineering and Process Engineering Support
- Modeling, Simulation, Stimulation, and Analysis Support
- Prototyping, Pre-Production, Model-Making, and Fabrication Support
- System Design Documentation and Technical Data Support
- Software Engineering, Development, Programming, and Network Support
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RM&A) Support
- Human Factors, Performance, and Usability Engineering Support
- System Safety Engineering Support
- Configuration Management (CM) Support
- Quality Assurance (QA) Support
- Information System (IS) Development, Information Assurance (IA), and Information Technology (IT) Support
- Inactivation and Disposal Support
- Interoperability, Test and Evaluation, Trials Support
- Measurement Facilities, Range, and Instrumentation Support
- Logistics Support
- Supply and Provisioning Support
- Training Support
- In-Service Engineering, Fleet Introduction, Installation and Checkout Support
- Program Support
- Functional and Administrative Support
- Public Affairs and Multimedia Support
Services Experience in the Past 3 Years
AST2 Seaport-E team has combined services experience across all 22 functional areas over the past 3 years. Please contact Bill Scott at email@example.com for specific project information.
Quality Assurance Program
AST2 is implementing an ISO 9001 based quality assurance program.
Points of Contact
Bill Scott, Director, Project Development
John A. Scott, President